ABRITES Diagnostics for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda
The Abrites diagnostics for VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda is a software application designed to provide basic and advanced diagnostic functionality for the vehicles of the VAG group – Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda and Bentley (some Lamborghini and Porsche models are also included).
The comprehensive software interface and nearly unlimited capabilities make it a leader in the aftermarket diagnostics world.
Apart from the features of the basic diagnostics, including reading and clearing of diagnostic trouble codes, module identification and extended identifications, coding, module software updates, custom requests and more, the Abrites diagnostics for VAG can perform almost any action available using the additional special functions. Such options include key learning for almost every model produced by Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda and Bentley regardless of the immobilizer, cluster or ECU type. These functions are simple to use and have guidance and explanation for every step of every procedure in situations where only one key needs to be added or all keys are lost. Compared to main dealer tools the procedures are easier, faster and more cost effective.
However key learning is not the only field of advanced diagnostics where the Abrites diagnostics for VAG excels. Module adaptation is another part of the software where there is simply nothing that comes close. When an electronic module in a vehicle from the VAG group fails in the majority of cases even main dealers replace the module with a brand new one. On the other end of the scale you have the Abrites Diagnostics for VAG which can replace most modules with used ones. You can perform reading and updating of flash and EEPROM from the modules allowing complete exchange.
The Abrites diagnostics for VAG can also perform mileage recalibration for most modules as well.
When a second hand module needs to be adapted the situation is often such that it comes from a car with different odometer readings. In these cases the Abrites diagnostics for VAG can adapt the odometer readings of the modules in order for them to become a complete part of the vehicle.
Depending on our customer’s field of expertise we can provide different solutions.
If you are interested in our locksmith products we have key packages according to our customer’s individual needs.
The Abrites diagnostics for VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda requires the usage of the Abrites Vehicle Diagnostics Interface in order to interface between the computer, where the software is installed and the vehicle.
- Extracting security access codes (PIN) by OBDII
- Programming keys by OBDII. Preparation of dealer keys.
- Mileage recalibration by OBDII
- Clearing crash data DTCs by OBDII
- Read/Program flash memory of engine control units by OBDII. Options for resetting the number of flashing attempts.
- Exchange speed limit of MMI-TV system
- Coding calculator – supported short/long coding
- Synchronization/Adaptation KESSY and ELV
Standard diagnostic functions:
- Connect to the device using KWP2000 over TP2.0, KWP2000 over TP1.6, UDS over ISO transport protocol (CAN), KWP1281 or KWP2000 over K-Line
- For all electronic control units reading identification data
- For all electronic control units read/clear error (DTCs)
- Output tests
- Control unit coding
- Scan all units
- Broadcast requests
- Measured values
- Flasher (SW Update) – update the software of the modules
- Read/Update of flash memory (EDC15, EDC16 all types Read/Update Flashmemory via OBDII (K and CAN). Calculation of checksums while programming, ME7.1.1, MED9.x, ME7.5). Read/Update flash counters (EDC16)
- PIN Convertor
- TV Configuration ED1/ED2 – change speed limit of MMI compatible vehicles to change speed where the TV is turned OFF
- Dump tool – calculate security access codes, calibrate and so on from dump from the correcponding unit
- Service interval – Using this function you can perform reset of the service reminder, reset of the service interval parameters or change service interval options
- Service intervals reset for the models with UDS diagnostics
- DPF OFF ( EDC16/EDC17)
- Remote control adaptation
- Navigation – enable/disable the “Eject” button of the “Navigation” system
- Cruise control system – activate/deactivate a cruise control system and change the related steering wheel electronics( SWE) configuration if SWE unit is available
- Brake pads change – “Open rear parking brake for pad change”, “Close rear parking brake”, perform “Parking brake function test”
- Steering Lock adaptation – adaptation of steering lock control module to the VW Touareg/VWPhaeton/Porsche Cayenne/Bentley Continental/Audi A8 – by CAN TP2.0 or K-KWP2000
Extracting and displaying immobilizer related data by diagnostic. Ability for alignment of immobilizer related data – cluster/ecu. Displaying immobilizer related data from dump of flash and eeprom of micronas mcu in IPC
- Read/Program memory of instrument cluster immobilizer
- Read/Update immobilizer related data
- Read/Update immobilizer data in VDO dashboards with NEC microcontroller (2009+) by OBDII
Reading and updating internal control module configuration memory by diagnostic. Extracting and recalibration security access code, PIN, component security bytes, current unit mileage value by K-line, CAN bus and UDS. Emergency start for engine control units EDC15, ME7.x.x.
- Cluster CAN – With this function you can establish disgnostic session with the instrument cluster using KWP2000 over TP2.0 or UDS. You can Read/Update odometer value; Read PIN code. Supported types are:- VDO/MM/Visteon -2007 (CAN TP2.0)- VDO with NEC μC 2009+ (CAN UDS)- JCI with NEC μC and 95320 EEPROM (CAN UDS)- Magneti Marelli with 9S12 μC (CAN UDS)- A8(4H)/A7(4G)/A6(4G)/Touareg(7P) with 95320 EEPROM (CAN UDS)
- Cluster K-Line – With this function you can establish disgnostic session with the Instrument cluster via K-Line (KWP1281 or KWP2000); You can Read/update odometer value; Read PIN code; Read/Update ConfData; Read ROM/Flash from the Instrument cluster; Automatic removing of “DEF error” for Audi A4 instrument cluster BOSCH RB8. Supported types are:- VDO66/86, Motometer- External Immobilizer – LT, VW GOL, VW O GOL( Kostal ), Siemens 6 PIN HC05 Immo/TMS- Audi A4 B5 with/without board computer -1997- Audi A6 -1997- Audi A8 -1999- Magneti Marelli – Shadow 1/2/3/Direct- VW Sharan/Galaxy -2000- Audi A4 Bosch RBx/RB4/RB4 Crypto/RB8 Crypto 2004+- Golf 4 Bosch RBx- VW Phaeton/Touareg, Bentley Continental, Porsche Cayenne- Seat Exeo Bosch RB8 Crypto 2008+- Lamborghini Gallardo -2005/2005+
- Reading security access code of the IMMOBILIZER by CAN bus
- Read/Update ConfData (VAG-EDC15x, VAG-ME7.1.1, VAG-ME7.1, VAG-ME7.5, VAG-Cartronic ME7.8.) – Extracting Security access code / PIN (EDC15, ME7.x, VAG-Cartronic ME7.8) – Extracting Component security bytes (EDC15, ME7.x, VAG-Cartronic ME7.8)- Mileage Calibration (EDC15, EDC16)
Extracting and displaying PIN code, control module configuration memory content, component security data from engine control units EDC16, MED9.x, Simos PPD 1.1/1.5, Magneti Marelli 4HV,7GV. Emergency start for engine control units EDC16. The whole EEPROM could be read for EDC15/ME7/EDC16. For MED9, EDC17 and Simos engine control units only the PIN/CS/MAC is displayed.
Advanced Diagnostic Functionality – Ability to manage stored crash data and configuration memory of electronic control unit. Read/Update Config Data of airbag control units Siemens (CAN bus – ISO15765). Audi A6/Q7/Allroad, VW Golf5…, Skoda Octavia II …, Seat Altea … With this special function you can Read/Update ConfData memory of the airbag module. Clear the crash data of the airbag module. Covered units for Read/Update ConfData:
1. All Siemens CAN Airbags 2003-2008 like 4F0959655B (Audi A6/Q7/Allroad 2003-2008),
1K0909605AB, 1K0909605C, 1K0909605AD, etc…
2. K-Line Airbags (Siemens and Bosch) – 1C0 909 605 C, 8L0 959 655 A, 1J0 909 609, 6Q0 909
605 C,6Q0 909 605 A, 6Q0 909 605 B, 3B0 959 655 B, 1C0 909 605 F, 1C0 909 605 H, 1J0 909
607, 1J0 909 603, 4B0 959 655 C, 4B0 959 655 J, 4D0 959 655 C, 8L0 959 655 F,8A0 959 655
C, 8A0 959 655 K, 8A0 959 655 K, 4D0 959 655 H, 8D0 959 655 C, 8D0 959 655 L
- Adaptation of engine control units to the vehicle – EDC16,EDC17, MED17, MED9, Simos PPD, ME7.5.20, ME7.5.30
- Kessy Audi A8/VW Touareg/Phaeton
- Comfort module VW Passat B6/CC
- Transmission gearbox Audi A6/Q7/Allroad/A8
- EZS-Kessy Audi A6/Q7/Allroad
- BCM2 immobilzier – Audi A4, S4, RS4, A5,S5, RS5, A6, A7, A8, Q5 / VW Touareg
Extracting by diagnostic and displaying PIN, component security data and MAC – EDC17, MED17
Guided key adaptation functions, preparation keys suitable for the vehicle (dealer’s keys). Included are also Audi A6, Audi Q7, Audi Allroad, VW Crafter(with EDC16 ECU), VW Passat, (BCM2 based vehicles are supported only with the help of ABProg*)
- Key programming/adaptation
- Reading security code (PIN) and component protection by OBDII – VW CRAFTER
- EZS – Kessy (Q7/A6/Allroad) – With this function you can prepare dealer key/learn dealer key- Read/Update ConfData from EZS – Kessy (Q7/A6/Allroad)
- Programming keys by OBDII (VAG with 16 bytes Component Security) – VW Crafter, Audi R8, VW Golf 6, VW Multivan 2009+, VW EOS 2009+, VW Caddy 2009+, VW Scirocco, VW Polo 2009+, VW Bora 2010+, VW Jetta 2010+, Skoda Octavia II 2009+, Skoda Superb 2009+, Skoda Fabia 2009+, Skoda Yeti 2009+, Seat Leon 2009+, Seat Altea 2009+, Seat Exeo 2009+, Seat Ibiza 2009+, …
- Extracting of the 7th byte Component Security from a working key of the car (Megamos, Hitag2)
- LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO
- Read/Update EDC17/MED17 eeprom/flash memory
- Read PIN/CS/MAC
- Make immobilizer bypass ( in the eeprom and in the flash)
- Recalibration of control unit mileage for ECUs – EDC17/MED17
- Transfer PIN/CS/MAC from one EDC17/MED17 to another
- Fix the check sums in flash.
This function will allow adaptation of used electronic control units in the vehicle. Audi A8, A6, Q7,Allroad, A4, A5, Q5.
Component protection generation 1
Control Head (MMI2G) – Audi A4/A5/Q5 2008+
Media Player 1 (MP3 CD Changer 2G) – Audi A4/A5/Q5 2008+
Control Head (MMI) – Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009
Central electric (ILM Fahrer) – Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009
Media Player 1 (MP3 CD Changer) – Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009
Auxilary Heater – Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009
ILM Front passenger ((ILM Beifahrer) – Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009
Seat Memory Passenger – Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009
Memory module (driver’s seat) – Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009
Instrument Cluster – Audi A8 2003-2006 By OBDII
Climatronic / Auto HVAC – Audi A8 2003-2010
Seat Memory Passenger – Audi A8 2003-2010
Memory module (driver’s seat) – Audi A8 2003-2010
Comfort module – Audi A8 2003-2010
DSP Bang & Olufsen – Audi A8 2003-2010
ILM Front passenger ((ILM Beifahrer) – Audi A8 2003-2010
Component protection generation 2
EZS-Kessy Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009 by OBDII
Comfort module Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009 by OBDII
Climantronic Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009 by OBDII
Airbag Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009 by OBDII
Airbag Audi A4/A5/Q5 2008+ from Bosch by OBDII
Instrument cluster Audi A6/Q7 2004-2009 by OBDII
Instrument Cluster Audi A4/A5/Q5 2008+ by OBDII
Infotainment electr. Audi A4/A5/Q5 2008+ by OBDII
– All other modules (e.g. DSP) with component protection generation 2
for A6/Q7 2004-2009 and A4/A5/A5 possible only if you have dump from gateway from where module was originaly build
The function is dedicated explicitly to read the PIN and CS of the EDC17/MED17 engine control units. With this function is possible to read even engine control units 2012+ which are with
updated software and is not possible to read normally by OBDII.With this special function the EDC17/MED17 is not read through OBDII – you should have direct connection to the engine
control unit. It is possible to make this on the table, you need to connect only 12V, GND, Ignition, CAN-H and CAN-L. It is possible to read the ECU also in the car, but you need to find
somewhere the CAN-H (orange-black) and CAN-L (orange-brown) wires. So connect them to the AVDI and you will be able to read the engine control units.
NOTE: This function requires internet access
This function is dedicated to adapt the transmission control unit (TCU) to the immobilizer (BCM2). For that purpose is necessary first to read the TCU. The TCU is not possible to be read by OBDII,
but is possible to read it when you connect the TCU on the table, or when you connect the AVDI to the internal CAN-Bus of the car.
To read from the internal CAN-Bus, find the orange/black and orange/brown CAN wires and make the following connection of the AVDI:
– orange/black <-> CAN-H (PIN6 of the OBDII)
– orange/brown <-> CAN-L (PIN14 of the OBDII)
– Ground <-> GND (PIN4 of the OBDII)
– 12V <-> 12V (PIN16 of the OBDII)
NOTE: This function requires internet access
This would cover all Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda Licenses at the time of purchase
This would cover all vag key licenses
ZN001, KT010, AN043, AN044, AN045, AN049, AN050, AN054